Swine Feeding Projections for April 5, 2021
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were down $2 this week at $52.81 /head and feeder pigs were up $3 at $100.96 /head
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $84.60 /cwt with marketing in September
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $5.08/bu
- SBM price for the week is $398 per ton
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $217 /ton
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $10.61 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $18.93 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.50/bu||Corn $4.00/bu||Corn $4.50/bu||Corn $5.00/bu|