Swine Feeding Projections for April 14, 2021
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were steady this week at $53.62 /head and feeder pigs were down $2 at $98.72 /head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $87.28 /cwt with marketing in September and October.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $5.21/bu.
- SBM price for the week is $406 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $217 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $7.36 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $14.07 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.50/bu||Corn $4.00/bu||Corn $4.50/bu||Corn $5.00/bu|