Swine Feeding Projections – March 31, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was up $1 to $16.09 and feeder pigs were down $4 to $46.36 per head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week are at $55.38 /cwt with marketing in August and September.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.25 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $329 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period was up significantly at $185 /ton on limited supply and plants shutting down.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $9.11 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $8.48 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.