Swine Feeding Projections – January 6, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were up $5 per head at $55.60 and feeder pigs were up $3 for the week at $61.28.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $86.08 /cwt as marketing move further into the summer markets.
- Open corn prices for the feeding period is $4.09 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $287 per ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $4 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $14 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.