Swine Feeding Projections – January 13, 2020
Swine Feeding Projection 1.13.2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs steady at $56.67 and feeder pigs were up $6 for the week at $67.60.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $86.20 /cwt as marketing move further into the summer markets.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $4.14 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $290 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $154 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $3.15 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $3.24 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.