Swine Feeding Projections for September 28, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was higher $2 this week at $27.26 /head and feeder pigs were up $7 to $41.47 /head
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $72.90 /cwt with marketing in February and March
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.40 /bu
- SBM price for the week is $324 per ton
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $157 /ton
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $5.32 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $7.24 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $2.50/bu||Corn $2.75/bu||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu|