Swine Feeding Projections for July 27, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was $2 higher to $7.87 /head and feeder pigs were up $6 this week to $16.84.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $60.38 /cwt with marketing in December and January.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $2.95 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $292 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $120 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $5.57 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $1.31 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $2.50/bu||Corn $2.75/bu||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu|