Swine Feeding Projections – April 1, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs and feeder pigs were both up $7-$8 per head from last week on steady demand.
- Lean hog prices were lower across all months after much volatility in the last two weeks due to news on ASF in China.
- Open corn prices for the feeding period was down $0.02 per bushel while SBM was up $10 per ton
- A weaned pig purchased on the open market is showing a loss of $8 per head based on marketing into the October futures.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $12 per head based on switching to the fall futures.