Swine Feeding Projections – March 18, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs and feeder pigs were steady from last week.
- Lean hog prices were higher across all months after news of higher than reported losses in China due to ASF.
- Open corn prices for the feeding period up $0.07 per bushel while SBM was up $13 per ton
- Open-market weaned pig profitability was up significantly due to increases in lean hog values. A weaned pig purchased on the open market is showing a profit of $13 per head.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $23 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.