Swine Feeding Projections – November 4, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were up $1 per head at $36.70 and feeder pigs were steady for the week at $44.41.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $81.51 /cwt.
- Open corn prices for the feeding period is $3.98 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $288 per ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $9 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $8 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.