Swine Feeding Projections – May 18, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was steady this week at $7.20 /head and feeder pigs were down $4 to $19.03 /head
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $52.97 /cwt with marketing in October and November
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $2.93 /bu
- SBM price for the week is $296 per ton
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $180 /ton
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $9.70 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $4.89 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $2.50/bu||Corn $2.75/bu||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu|