Swine Feeding Projections – May 14, 2018
Changes week over week:
- Limited movement in open-market purchase prices for both weaned and feeder pigs (+$0.42 and -$2.02/head, respectively)
- Modest gains in predicted lean hog values for both the October and August/September markets (+$1.21 and +$0.86/cwt, respectively).
- Feed costs -$0.10-0.15 per head: corn +$0.01/bushel, SBM -$8.00/ton, DDGS +$0.75/ton, lysine +$0.67/cwt, and fat +$0.75/cwt.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability gained back a small portion of the previous week’s losses (+$2.50/head), but remains well in the red.
- Feeder pig profitability experienced a similar slight improvement (+$3.50/head), but also remains well below breakeven.