Swine Feeding Projections – March 11, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were down by $2 per head at $45.82.
- Feeder pigs were steady for the week at $69.65.
- Lean hog prices continue to trend lower as we move to marketing in the later summer/early fall months.
- Open corn prices for the feeding period were steady while SBM was up $10 per ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $5 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $6 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig before switching to the fall futures.