Swine Feeding Projections – March 10, 2020
Swine Feeding Projection 3.10.2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs and feeder pigs were both down $2 per head this week at $35.55 and $55.48 respectively.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $70.59 /cwt with marketing in August and September.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.89 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $285 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $154 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $1.07 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $12.80 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.