Swine Feeding Projections – January 14, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs and feeder pigs were down by $1 per head for the week on light demand.
- Carcass prices were down for the week by $2.41 /cwt
- Open corn prices for the feeding period were down by $0.04 per bu
- SBM price for the week was down by $6.30 per ton
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $17 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is also showing a loss of $8 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.