Swine Feeding Projections for September 21, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was higher $3 this week at $25.22 /head and feeder pigs were up $1 to $34.57 /head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $71.48 /cwt with marketing in February and March.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.47 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $327 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $138 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $5.54 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $9.96 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $2.50/bu||Corn $2.75/bu||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu|