Swine Feeding Projections for September 14, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was higher $2 this week at $22.29 /head and feeder pigs were up $6 to $33.06 /head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $72.00 /cwt with marketing in February and March.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.41 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $314 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $138 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $10.82 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $11.63 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $2.50/bu||Corn $2.75/bu||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu|