Swine Feeding Projections for November 16, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was up $1 this week at $37.56 /head and feeder pigs were down $2 at $48.24 /head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $77.11 /cwt with marketing in April and May.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $4.12/bu.
- SBM price for the week is $384 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $179 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $11.07 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $15.33 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu||Corn $3.75/bu||Corn $4.00/bu|