Swine Feeding Projections for June 13, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs and feeder pigs were down $0.50 to $1 this week at $5.01 /head and $13.64 /head respectively.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $58.14 /cwt with marketing in November and December.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.00 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $294 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $145 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $0.67 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $0.76 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $2.50/bu||Corn $2.75/bu||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu|