Swine Feeding Projections for August 10, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was $3 higher to $12.40 /head and feeder pigs were steady this week to $15.47.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $61.08 /cwt with marketing in January and February of 2021.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $2.91 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $279 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $120 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $7.18 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $12.17 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $2.50/bu||Corn $2.75/bu||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu|