Swine Feeding Projections – February 28, 2020
Changes week over week:
- The open-market value of weaned pigs was down $5 and feeder pigs were $4 lower this week at $44.89 and $61.14 respectively.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $78.02/cwt as we start to shift into the fall marketing window.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.99 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $286 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $158 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $0.17 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $11.33 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.