Swine Feeding Projections – August 27, 2018
August 27, 2018 Hog Feeding Projections
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned and feeder pigs were both up modestly (+$1.25 and +$1.59/head, respectively).
- Expected lean hog values jumped significantly for both January/February and December/January marketings (+$5.92 and +$3.48/cwt, respectively).
- Feed costs -$0.35-0.60 per head: corn -$0.06/bushel, SBM -$11.75/ton, DDGS +$4.50/ton, lysine unchanged, and fat -$0.08/cwt.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability continued its upward climb (+$12/head), and broke into the black with profits around $7-8/head.
- Feeder pig profitability took another big step forward (+$6/head) with profits of just over $13 per head now expected.