Swine Feeding Projections – April 27, 2020
Swine Feeding Projection 4.27.2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was down $1.50 this week to $3.97 /head and feeder pigs were down $2 to $17.66 /head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $57.44 /cwt with marketing in September and October.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $2.96 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $294.60 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $185 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $6.48 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $18.79 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.