Swine Feeding Projections – April 15, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs and feeder pigs were up $4 per head with good demand
- Lean hog prices were higher across all months by over $3 per cwt.
- Open corn and SBM prices for the feeding period were steady with no change
- A weaned pig purchased on the open market is showing a profit of $14 per head based on marketing into the October futures.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $2 per head based on rising pig cost