Swine Projections – April 6, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was down $6 to $10.23 and feeder pigs were not reported due to insufficient volume so we will use the previous weeks reported price for projections this week.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week continued to slip and are at $53.73 /cwt with marketing in September.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.18 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $306 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is at $185 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $6.21 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $19.17 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.