Swine Feeding Projections – September 16, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were up $4 per head at $34.35 and feeder pigs were up $3 per head for the week at $38.98.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $73.55 /cwt.
- Open corn prices for the feeding period is $3.67 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $285 per ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $11 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $13 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.