Swine Feeding Projections – October 14, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were down $5 per head at $35.78 and feeder pigs were steady for the week at $42.58.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $80.17 /cwt.
- Open corn prices for the feeding period is $3.97 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $297 per ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $18 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $23 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.