Swine Feeding Projections – November 12, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were up $1 per head at $35.19 and feeder pigs were steady for the week at $44.62.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $90.38 /cwt as marketing move further into the summer markets .
- Open corn prices for the feeding period is $3.93 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $289 per ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $27 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $31 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.