Swine Feeding Projections – May 26, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs and feeder pigs were steady this week at $7.04 /head and $18.80 /head respectively.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $51.18 /cwt with marketing in October and November.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $2.99 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $285 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $157 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $13.06 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $0.65 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $2.50/bu||Corn $2.75/bu||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu|