Swine Feeding Projections – March 4, 2019
Changes week over week:
• Open-market value of weaned pigs were down by $6 per head at $47.89.
• Feeder pigs were steady for the week at $68.65.
• Lean hog prices continue to trend lower as we move to marketing in the later summer/early fall months
• Open corn and SBM prices for the feeding period were steady
• Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $4 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
• Feeder pig profitability is also showing a breakeven based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
• DDG’s continue to trend down at $147 per ton