Swine Feeding Projections – March 23, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was down $10 to $25.45 and feeder pigs were down $5 to $50.89 per head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week rebounded from their lows at $64.19 /cwt with marketing in August and September.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.41 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $328 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $156 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $1.42 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $5.76 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.