Swine Feeding Projections – March 16, 2020
Swine Feeding Projection 3.16.20
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was down $3 to $33.55 and feeder pigs were steady at $55.44 per head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week were down significantly at $60.21 /cwt with marketing in August and September.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.69 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $295 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $156 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $19.10 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $10.14 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.