Swine Feeding Projections – March 1, 2021
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was down $4 this week at $62.70 /head and feeder pigs were up $6 at $87.43 /head
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $88.19 /cwt with marketing in July and August
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $5.10/bu
- SBM price for the week is $417 per ton
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $229 /ton
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $19.52 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $8.84 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.50/bu||Corn $4.00/bu||Corn $4.50/bu||Corn $5.00/bu|