Swine Feeding Projections – June 4, 2018
Changes week over week:
- Little change in the open-market value of both weaned and feeder pigs (+$0.51 and +$0.23/head, respectively)
- Modest losses in predicted lean hog values for both the October/November and September/October markets (-$2.00 and -$0.54/cwt, respectively).
- Feed costs -$0.80 per head: corn -$0.08/bushel, SBM -$5.50/ton, DDGS -$0.75/ton, lysine -$0.17/cwt, and fat +$0.33/cwt.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability backtracked from last week’s gains (-$3.00/head), and remains deep in the red.
- Feeder pig profitability held relatively flat (-$0.50/head) with losses remaining in the $10-12 range.