Swine Feeding Projections – January 28, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were steady at $60.96 per head and feeder pigs were up by $1 per head on light receipts.
- Carcass prices were down for the week by $1.50 /cwt
- Open corn prices for the feeding period were unchanged
- SBM price for the week was down by $3 per ton
- DDG’s continue to move lower and were down by $10 per ton for the week
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $14 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is also showing a loss of $8.50 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.