Swine Feeding Projections – January 21, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was down $3 per head and feeder pigs were down by $2 per head for the week.
- Carcass prices were down for the week by $3 /cwt for weaner pig projections but feeder pigs was up by $1 based on switching to the July futures for the later marketing of the group
- Open corn prices for the feeding period were up by $0.03 per bu
- SBM price for the week was up by $4 per ton
- DDG’s continue to move lower and were down by $3 per ton for the week
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $11 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is also showing a loss of $3 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.