Swine Feeding Projections – January 11, 2021
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was up $2 this week at $57.56 /head and feeder pigs were up $1 at $68.80 /head
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $85.82 /cwt with marketing in June and July
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $5.06/bu
- SBM price for the week is $438 per ton
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $208 /ton
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $17.41 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $15.65 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu||Corn $3.75/bu||Corn $4.00/bu|