Swine Feeding Projections – November 30, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was up $4 this week at $40.88 /head and feeder pigs were steady at $50.00 /head
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $81.48 /cwt with marketing in April and May
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $4.18/bu
- SBM price for the week is $389 per ton
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $179 /ton
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $5.13 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $11.24 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu||Corn $3.75/bu||Corn $4.00/bu|