Swine Feeding Projections for November 2, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was steady this week at $36.12 /head and feeder pigs were up $2 at $47.19 /head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $72.47 /cwt with marketing in March and April.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.85/bu.
- SBM price for the week is $372 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $165 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $13.35 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $11.23 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $2.50/bu||Corn $2.75/bu||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu|