Swine Feeding Projections for March 25, 2021
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were down $3 this week at $53.59 /head and feeder pigs were steady at $90.38 /head
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $84.05 /cwt with marketing in August and September
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $5.00/bu
- SBM price for the week is $396 per ton
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $217 /ton
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $9.63 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $2.26 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.50/bu||Corn $4.00/bu||Corn $4.50/bu||Corn $5.00/bu|