Swine Feeding Projections for June 29, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was steady this week at $6.07 /head and feeder pigs were steady at $14.25 /head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $53.34 /cwt with marketing in November and December.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.17 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $284 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $152 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $8.78 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $4.33 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $2.50/bu||Corn $2.75/bu||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu|