Swine Feeding Projections for December 14, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was up $3 this week at $45.81 /head and feeder pigs were up $2 at $55.83 /head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $80.13 /cwt with marketing in May and June.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $4.13/bu.
- SBM price for the week is $372 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $217 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $9.76 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $16.86 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.
Below is the DDG’s breakeven chart. It can be utilized to reference current corn and soybean meal prices as a quick evaluation to the value of DDG’s inclusion in these volatile market conditions.
|Price||Corn $3.00/bu||Corn $3.25/bu||Corn $3.50/bu||Corn $3.75/bu||Corn $4.00/bu|