Swine Feeding Projections – February 4, 2019
Changes week over week:
• Open-market value of weaned pigs were lower by $4 per pig this week at $56.79 per head.
• Cash traded feeder pigs were down $1 per head at $70.11.
• Carcass prices were up for the week by $0.50 /cwt
• Open corn and SBM prices for the feeding period were unchanged
• DDG’s continue to move lower and were down by $2 per ton for the week
• Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $6.75 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
• Feeder pig profitability is also showing a loss of $5.72 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.