Swine Feeding Projections – February 18, 2019
Changes week over week:
• Open-market value of weaned pigs was down by $1 per head at $55.15.
• Feeder pigs were steady for the week at $69.58.
• Open corn prices for the feeding period were down by $0.04 per bu
• SBM price for the week was down by $2 per ton
• Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $9 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
• Feeder pig profitability is also showing a loss of $19 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.