Swine Feeding Projections – December 2, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were up $1 per head at $39.09 and feeder pigs were up $2 for the week at $48.61
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $86.78 /cwt as marketing move further into the summer markets.
- Open corn prices for the feeding period is $3.93 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $282 per ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a profit of $19 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $12 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.