Swine Feeding Projections – December 17, 2018
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was up $5 and feeder pigs were up $6 compared to last week.
- Carcass prices were down for the week by $1.28 /cwt
- Open corn prices for the feeding period were up by $0.03 per bu
- SBM for the week was up $7 per ton
- DDG’s have continued to move higher and are up over $13 per ton over the last two weeks
- Open-market weaned pig profitability of $1.17 per head are projected given the higher open pig price and higher ingredient cost.
- Feeder pig profitability is projected at a loss of $12 per pig.