Swine Feeding Projections – December 10, 2018
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was up $2 and feeder pigs receipts were to light for a good market test.
- Carcass prices were up for the week by $6 /cwt as we switch into the summer months marketings
- Open corn prices for the feeding period were up by $0.03 per bu
- SBM for the week was down $3 per ton
- Open-market weaned pig profitability of $10 per head are projected.
- Feeder pig profitability is projected at $2 per pig.