Swine Feeding Projections – April 8, 2019
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs were up $2 and feeder pigs were up $8 per head from last week.
- Lean hog prices were higher across all months.
- Open corn prices for the feeding period was up $0.05 per bushel while SBM was steady
- A weaned pig purchased on the open market is showing a profit of $11 per head based on marketing into the October futures.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $4 per head due to the continued demand and price movement for cash traded feeder pigs.