Swine Feeding Projections – April 20, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was down $2 this week to $5.60 /head and feeder pigs were down $13 to $20.17 /head.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week is $53.58 /cwt with marketing in September and October.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.00 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $295.60 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is $185 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $0.96 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a profit of $10.38 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.