Swine Feeding Projections – April 13, 2020
Changes week over week:
- Open-market value of weaned pigs was down $3 to $7.38 and feeder pigs were down $14 per head to $32.69.
- Carcass prices for the marketing window of pigs placed this week continued to slip and are at $50.80 /cwt with marketing in September and into October.
- Open corn price for the feeding period is $3.15 /bu.
- SBM price for the week is $292 per ton.
- DDGs price for the feeding period is at $185 /ton.
- Open-market weaned pig profitability is showing a loss of $9.51 per head based on purchasing a cash traded weaned pig.
- Feeder pig profitability is showing a loss of $10.85 per head based on purchasing a cash traded feeder pig.